As November approaches, thoughts of traditional Thanksgiving festivities come to mind. Eating turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie surrounded by family and friends is an event that many people look forward to all year. Choosing a thoughtful gift for your hosts shows just how much you treasure them. The gift experts at Carithers Flowers, serving the Atlanta area, have some great hostess gift ideas for you to choose.
The tradition of bringing a gift to your Thanksgiving host
Bringing a gift for your host or hostess has been a time-honored custom for many years. Since Thanksgiving is a time of appreciation, a thoughtful gift will show your host how much you enjoy their company and the effort put forth to make the holiday truly special.
Gifts to Celebrate Friendsgiving
Friendsgiving combines the holiday of Thanksgiving with friendship gatherings on or near Thanksgiving Day. Celebrating genuine friendships with a special meal emphasizing fun and gratitude has become an important holiday Tradition. Here are some of the best host gifts to consider for this festive occasion:
- Serving Bowls: After the main meal, guest may want to snack later in the day. Put chips, pretzels and other finger foods out for easy snacking.
- Flowers: A classic hostess gift, the Elegant Harvest Centerpiece from Carithers Flowers in the Atlanta area, is a perfect choice. Falls colors abound in this centerpiece containing hydrangeas, roses and magnolia blossoms.
- Essential Oil Diffuser: Adding amazing scents to your home is easy with a diffuser and several varieties of essential oils.
- Wine Glasses: Whether you choose crystal clear or decorative glasses, your family host can enjoy a nice glass of wine after the festivities. Add a bottle of your favorite wine to share with the guests.
Striking Centerpiece with Fall Flowers – Elegant Harvest Centerpiece
Meeting the In-Laws for Thanksgiving
Spending time with your mother-in-law and father-in-law for the Thanksgiving holidays can be both an exciting and stressful time. Naturally, you want to impress your in-laws. Giving a hostess gift is one way to make sure your in-laws know how much you appreciate them. Here are some options for a memorable Thanksgiving gathering.
- Flower Arrangement: The floral designers at Carithers Flowers have created the Autumn Bonfire Centerpiece, a beautiful display of fall flowers that will make an ideal table decoration.
- Homemade goodies: Maybe you are well-known for your brownies or your carrot cake. Your in-laws would appreciate a treat made with love.
- Holiday Throw: As the weather cools down, your in-laws will welcome a warm blanket with holiday motifs for the upcoming winter evenings.
- Framed photograph: Your in-laws would love to have a professional photograph of the whole family to display prominently in their home.
Stunning and Elegant Fall Flowers – Autumn Bonfire Centerpiece
Gifts for Traditional Thanksgiving with Family
Enjoying time with your family and a festive holiday dinner is something that makes this time of year especially enjoyable! Your family may always gather at a central location for this occasion, or maybe the family members take turns hosting the meal. Bringing a gift will let the host know how much you honor the time and effort your loved ones have put forth to make Thanksgiving a meaningful gathering.
- Decorative Floral Centerpiece: Every holiday table needs a great centerpiece! Carithers Flowers can deliver a French Country Centerpiece, a beautiful bouquet of roses and ornamental kale in a rustic wooden box.
- Apron: For the serious cook, choose an apron that will showcase your host’s interests or a fun pattern for use during the preparation of all holiday meals.
- Candles: Choosing a candle or candle display that fits in with your in-laws décor is a welcomed gift that adds color and fragrance to the home
- Board or Card Game: At a family gathering, there are bound to be people of all ages, A fun game to play after dinner can bring the family together for a little fun and competition.
Fabulous Fall Flowers in Wood Box – French Country Centerpiece
Almost everyone enjoys receiving gifts, especially to show appreciation for an excellent gathering or holiday dinner. If you are unsure of what your host or hostess may like, remember that you can’t go wrong with flowers or a plant. Let the experts at Carithers Flowers in Atlanta area create the ideal arrangement for your Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving celebration.