March has been set aside as National Nutrition Month. This healthy celebration is all about eating right and educating more people about making better food choices and committing to a healthier lifestyle.
This special educational month was created by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics to call attention to this need and help address the country’s obesity issues and health-related problems from living on fast food, sugar, and other poor food choices.
The theme for 2014 is “Enjoy the Taste of Eating Right.” Among our selection of products are a number of healthy choices that you can give as gifts or enjoy yourself.
Fresh and Seasonal Fruit Baskets
Our fresh fruit gift baskets come in various sizes and varieties to help you find the one that fits your recipient’s tastes and your budget. Right now, on our website, we have nearly 20 different fresh fruit baskets to choose from, including these delicious options:
- The Deluxe Fruit & Gourmet Delight Basket features seasonal fruit, gourmet food, and spreads and jams.
- The Deluxe Harvest Basket includes seasonal fruits, a Hawaiian pineapple, gourmet crackers and sparkling cider.
- California Healthy is chock full of healthy goodness, including an assortment of nuts and fresh fruit, such as apples and oranges. The nuts can include smoked, mocha, toffee and chipotle almonds as well as California-grown roasted pistachios, cashews, and mixed nuts. It comes packaged in a wooden crate.
- Simply Healthy combines fruits with nuts and figs. This oversized healthy gift includes apples, oranges, pears, dried figs, dried plums, cashews and pistachios that are all great for snacks and picnics.
- Fruit & Gourmet Treats includes gourmet cheeses, savory snacks, and a selection of seasonal fruits.
While the month celebrates nutrition, you can still also think about an indoor green plant or flowers, which both offer a healthy environment for a home or office. Even balloons or a card is great encouragement for someone who may be trying to get into shape or has met their weight loss goals.
It’s all about celebrating health this month and every month going forward! We’re glad to help!